Butternut Squash and Pear Bisque
This sweet soup is so delicious and is made with a combination of fresh organic vegetables, fresh pears, and coconut milk. This is an absolute treat loved by all of my clients and students.
- ¼ cup of filtered water
- 2 medium leeks, white and tender green parts, finely chopped
- 1 small butternut squash peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 cups miso bouillon stock
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 14-oz. can organic coconut milk (reserve 2 tbsp. for garnish)
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Fresh sprouts and coconut milk for garnish
Make the stock by adding the miso bouillon sachet to five cups of hot water; set aside. Heat the ¼ cup filtered water in a soup pot over medium-low heat. Add leeks and cook for 10 minutes, or until soft, stirring often. Add squash and pears, and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in the bouillon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add salt, if desired.